The University of Alabama services and maintains all Greek Houses on campus at different levels and for various maintenance items. Currently, the University has four Greek swing spaces houses and six small group Greek houses, where they perform any maintenance needed in the spaces as requested. The swing spaces are transition houses while the current Sorority or Fraternity is awaiting their new house to be built.

In addition to daily maintenance items, monthly fire sprinkler inspections, annual elevator assessments and inspections, biennial boiler/hot water heater inspections, and property assessments are performed at all Greek House locations located on campus. The University elects to arrange the State mandated inspections to ensure the required Certificates are obtained for the elevators and boilers/hot water heaters. Furthermore, if a Greek House outside of the UA owned swing spaces has an after-hours emergency related maintenance issue to arise, they can report it to (205) 348-6001 and the UA Facility Shop will respond accordingly.

For questions or concerns regarding regarding University related maintenance repair, assessments, or inspections, please contact Jennifier Brown, Director of Special Property Management at (205) 348-4028 or

Small Group Housing

Individuals residing in a small group Greek house, can report their maintenance items to Housing and Residential Communities (HRC) via phone at (205) 348-6676 or via the Internet at

Swing Space Housing

Individuals residing in a University owned swing space, can report maintenance items directly to Jennifier Brown, Director of Special Property Management at (205) 348-4028 or via email at