Not only is the Fraternity and Sorority Community at the Capstone the largest community in the nation, but it is also recognized for the outstanding achievements of its chapters and governing councils. These are just a few highlights recognizing philanthropic contributions, national award recognitions, and regional and local recognition.
- In the spring of 2016, the UA Greek community raised $100,000 from fraternity and sorority donations during Greek Week. This money was awarded to 33 nonprofit organizations in and around the Tuscaloosa community.
- For 2016, a total of 32 Greek Excellence Awards were presented with 3-IFC chapters, 4-NPHC chapters, 1-UGC chapter, and 6-Panhellenic chapters received award recognition in the areas of Alumni/ae Relations, Scholarship, Service & Philanthropy, Commitment to Diversity, University & Community Relations, Risk Management, and Educational Programming.
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) received the 2017 National Panhellenic Conference College Panhellenic Achievement Award. This award recognizes the success of The University of Alabama Panhellenic in upholding the values and ideals of a Panhellenic through the areas of recruitment, Panhellenic structure, area advisor communication, judicial procedures, Panhellenic programming, academics and Panhellenic community impact and relations.
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) was recognized at the 2017 Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values (AFLV) Central conference for excellence in membership recruitment.
- The Alabama Interfraternity Council (IFC), for their philanthropic efforts with the B+ Foundation, was recognized at the 2017 Southeastern Interfratenity Conference (SEIFC) for excellence in outstanding philanthropy.