Not only is the Fraternity and Sorority Community at the Capstone the largest community in the nation, but it is also recognized for the outstanding achievements of its chapters and governing councils. These are just a few highlights recognizing philanthropic contributions, national award recognitions, and regional and local recognition.
- In the spring of 2016, the UA Greek community raised $100,000 from fraternity and sorority donations during Greek Week. This money was awarded to 33 nonprofit organizations in and around the Tuscaloosa community.
- For 2021, a total of 21 individual and 13 chapter Greek Excellence Awards were presented across all four councils recognizing achievement in the areas of:
- Service & Philanthropy
- Campus and Community Relations
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) received the 2021-2022 National Panhellenic Conference College Panhellenic Excellence Award. This award recognizes the top seven College Panhellenic Associations that demonstrate outstanding contributions in all available award categories: academic innovation, community impact, judicial procedure, leadership, marketing, programming and recruitment.
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) was recognized at the 2017 Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values (AFLV) Central conference for excellence in membership recruitment.
- The Alabama Interfraternity Council (IFC), for their philanthropic efforts with the B+ Foundation, was recognized at the 2017 Southeastern Interfraternity Conference (SEIFC) for excellence in outstanding philanthropy.