Title to the real estate on which a chapter house is built, and the chapter house itself is vested in the University. As such, the University retains authority and jurisdiction over the real estate and chapter houses, which are subject to the rules and regulations of the University.

Alumni/ae Events at Greek Facilities

Alumni/ae events (e.g. GameDay, House Dedication, Alumni/ae Weekend, etc.) hosted by the local House Corporation Board and/or Alumni/ae Association at a chapter house that include outside catered food and/or alcohol should be registered with the University via a UA Permissive Use Agreement. Events where alcohol is provided by a Third Party Vendor in return for some form of payment (e.g., cash bar, paying for a dinner ticket, donations made in return for drink tickets, fundraising events, etc.), require approval from from State of Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board Licensing & Compliance Division and the the City of Tuscaloosa, in order to sell on the premises, where the function is to be held. Specifically, the Third Party Vendor is required to secure a temporary Special Event License from the ABC Board, via the Special Event Application Process. Since the event is being held on UA Property, an executed UA Catered Beverage Service Permissive Use Agreement PUA must be included at the time of application. For additional guidelines regarding events with outside catered food and alcohol, please refer to UA’s Approved Alcohol Venue Policy and Outside Catering Program.

Events held in the front yard are also subject to the General Terms and Conditions for Grounds Use, which includes applying for a Grounds Use Permit (GUP) at minimum, 7-10 days in advance of the event. Additionally, events with an inflatable and/or a tent larger than a 10×10 that is secured to the ground using stakes, require a an underground utilities locate. For information about line locates, please contact Alison Ferrer, Inspection Coordinator, at (205) 348-1684 or aferrer@fa.ua.edu.

For events with For assistance in planning an Alumni/ae event at a chapter house, please contact Julie Elmore, Manager of Greek Housing and Properties, at (205) 348-2693 or jelmore@ua.edu.

Housing Forms

Permissive Use Agreements