University of Alabama Community Conduct Report as of 01/23/2020.
- Suspended/Charter Revoked
- Separation of the organization from the University for a definite or indefinite period of time. When an organization is eligible to return, conditions for readmission may be specified. Inter/National Headquarters may revoke a chapter’s charter, which may or may not be associated with university suspension.
- Deferred Suspension
- Based upon their conduct, the group is subject to immediate suspension should it be determined that they have violated the Code of Student Conduct during the period of deferred suspension.
- Loss of Privileges
- Denial of specified privileges for a designated period of time. For Greek letter organizations, this is typically in the form of social probation.
- A written reprimand for violation for specified regulations. Probation is for a designated period of time and includes the probability of more severe disciplinary sanctions, including suspension or expulsion, if the organization is found to be violating any University regulation(s) during the probationary period.
|Chapter||Council||Type of Suspension||Period of Suspension
|Alpha Kappa Alpha||NPHC||Chapter Withdrawal of Privileges**||October 9, 2019 – August 1, 2020
|Delta Sigma Phi||IFC||Suspended – Charter Revoked/Loss of Recognition*||June 1, 2018 – Fall 2020
*In a joint decision, Delta Sigma Phi had its Charter revoked by the National Headquarters and received a Loss of Recognition from the University.
**Withdrawal of Privileges issued by the Inter/National Organization.
No chapters currently on a deferred suspension
Loss of Privileges (Social Probation)
|Chapter||Council||Type of Loss of Privileges||Period of Loss of Privileges
|Pi Kappa Alpha||IFC||Reduction in social events – 15 to 10||Spring 2020
|Chapter||Council||Type of Probation||Period of Probation
|Kappa Alpha Psi||NPHC||Probation**||September 22, 2018 - September 22, 2022
|Phi Delta Theta||IFC||Probation**||
|Pi Kappa Alpha||IFC||Disciplinary Probation ||September 4, 2019 - December 4, 2020
|Sigma Alpha Mu||IFC||Disciplinary Probation & Probation**||November 13, 2019 - December 31, 2020
**Probation issued by the Inter/National Organization.