University of Alabama Community Conduct Report as of 1/28/19.
- Suspended/Charter Revoked
- Separation of the organization from the University for a definite or indefinite period of time. When an organization is eligible to return, conditions for readmission may be specified. Inter/National Headquarters may revoke a chapter’s charter, which may or may not be associated with university suspension.
- Deferred Suspension
- Based upon their conduct, the group is subject to immediate suspension should it be determined that they have violated the Code of Student Conduct during the period of deferred suspension.
- Loss of Privileges
- Denial of specified privileges for a designated period of time. For Greek letter organizations, this is typically in a form of social probation.
- A written reprimand for violation for specified regulations. Probation is for a designated period of time and includes the probability of more severe disciplinary sanctions, including suspension or expulsion, if the organization is found to be violating any University regulation(s) during the probationary period.
|Delta Sigma Phi1||IFC||12/31/20
- In a joint decision, Delta Sigma Phi had its Charter revoked by the National Headquarters and received a Loss of Recognition from the University.
No chapters currently on a deferred suspension
Loss of Privileges (Social Probation)
|Chapter||Council||Type of Loss of Privileges||End Date
|Sigma Alpha Epsilon||IFC||Limit 10 registered on-campus social events||5/31/19
|Theta Chi||IFC||Limit 10 registered on-campus social events||5/31/19
|Alpha Sigma Phi||IFC||4/26/19
|Kappa Alpha Psi||NPHC||9/22/22
|Phi Kappa Psi||IFC||12/31/19
|Sigma Alpha Epsilon||IFC||12/13/19