The University of Alabama hosts various assessments and oversees State required inspections for all Greek chapter houses on campus. The University has one Greek swing space house and six small group Greek houses. For these facilities, UA performs all maintenance. The swing space is a transition house while the current Sorority or Fraternity is awaiting their new house to be built. Greek Houses outside of this may request maintenance repairs to be performed by the University, but those services will be charged to the chapter. Outside of this, the chapter houses are operated by the individual house corporations

The University currently manages the monthly fire sprinkler inspections, annual elevator assessments and inspections, biennial boiler/hot water heater inspections, and five-year property assessments as it pertains to each Greek House located on campus. The University elects to arrange the State mandated inspections to ensure the required certificates are obtained for the elevators and boilers/hot water heaters.

If a Greek House, outside of the UA-owned swing space, has an after-hours emergency-related maintenance issue arises, they can report it to 205-348-6001 and UA Facility Shops will respond. All EHS items should be reported to UAPD at 205-348-5454. Please note the Greek House will be charged for these services. If you have any questions regarding university assessments or inspections that are performed at your Greek House, please contact Jennifier Brown at 205-348-4028 or

Swing Space Housing

Designated representatives in a university-owned swing space may report maintenance items directly to Jennifier Brown, Director, Fraternity and Sorority Housing.

Small Group Housing

Individuals residing in a small group Greek house will report their maintenance items to Housing and Residential Communities (HRC) via phone at 205-348-6676 or by submitting a work order request through their web portal.