The University of Alabama services and maintains all Greek Houses on campus at different levels and for various maintenance items. Currently, the University has four Greek swing spaces houses and six small group Greek houses, where they perform any maintenance needed in the spaces as requested. The swing spaces are transition houses while the current Sorority or Fraternity is awaiting their new house to be built. In addition to daily maintenance items, annual elevator inspections and bi-annual boiler inspections are performed at all Greek House locations located on campus. The University elects to arrange the inspections to ensure the safety of the elevators and boilers in all of the house. Furthermore, if a Greek House outside of the UA owned swing spaces has an emergency related maintenance issue to arise, they can report it to 205-348-6001 and UA Facility Shops respond accordingly.

If you have any questions regarding University related maintenance repair that is performed at your Greek House, please feel free to contact Jennifer Brown at 205-348-4028.

Swing Space Housing

Individuals residing in a University owned swing space, can report maintenance items directly to the Director of Special Property Management via phone at 205-348-4028 or via email at

Small Group Housing

Individuals residing in a small group Greek house, can report their maintenance items to Housing and Residential Communities (HRC) via phone at 205-348-6676 or via the Internet at to report maintenance items.