Title to the real estate on which a chapter house is built, and the chapter house itself is vested in the University. As such, the University retains authority and jurisdiction over the real estate and chapter houses, which are subject to the rules and regulations of the University.

Alumni/ae Events at Greek Facilities

Alumni/ae events (e.g. GameDay, House Dedication, Alumni/ae Weekend, etc.) hosted by the local House Corporation Board and/or Alumni/ae Association at a chapter house that include outside catered food and/or alcohol should be registered with the University via a Permissive Use Agreement (PUA). Events that include Third Party Vendor Sales also require a Catered Beverage Services Permissive Use Agreement (PAU). For additional guidelines regarding events with outside catered food and alcohol, please refer to UA’s Alcohol Policy and Outside Catering Program.

Events held in the front yard are also subject to the General Terms and Conditions for Grounds Use, which includes applying for a Grounds Use Permit (GUP) at minimum, 7-10 days in advance of the event. For assistance in planning an Alumni/ae event at a chapter house, please contact Julie Elmore, Manager of Greek Housing and Properties, at (205) 348-2693 or jelmore@ua.edu.

Housing Forms

Risk Management Policies

Catering Polices