One of the primary goals of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life is to promote leadership and personal development among students involved in fraternities and sororities. This is accomplished in a number of ways, including through our daily interactions with students, through our advising of organizations and governing councils, and through programs designed to promote these ideals.
Students are therefore encouraged to advantage of all that membership in a Greek organization has to offer, by applying to participate in the various leadership opportunities offered through the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. More information about our signature leadership programs can be found under the Leadership tab, located on the left side of the page.
- In the spring of 2016, the UA Greek community raised $100,000 from fraternity and sorority donations during Greek Week. This money was awarded to 33 nonprofit organizations in and around the Tuscaloosa community.
- For 2016, a total of 32 Greek Excellence Awards were presented with 3-IFC chapters, 4-NPHC chapters, 1-UGC chapter, and 6-Panhellenic chapters received award recognition in the areas of Alumni/ae Relations, Scholarship, Service & Philanthropy, Commitment to Diversity, University & Community Relations, Risk Management, and Educational Programming.
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) received the 2017 National Panhellenic Conference College Panhellenic Achievement Award. This award recognizes the success of The University of Alabama Panhellenic in upholding the values and ideals of a Panhellenic through the areas of recruitment, Panhellenic structure, area advisor communication, judicial procedures, Panhellenic programming, academics and Panhellenic community impact and relations.
- The Alabama Panhellenic Association (APA) was recognized at the 2017 Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values (AFLV) Central conference for excellence in membership recruitment.
- The Alabama Interfraternity Council (IFC), for their philanthropic efforts with the B+ Foundation, was recognized at the 2017 Southeastern Interfratenity Conference (SEIFC) for excellence in outstanding philanthropy.